• Listed as a Grade II Building in 1974
The 1851 Census refers to the property as Coundon Villa occupied by Stephen Barnwell and his family (wife, two daughters, his son, two house servants and a governess).
The 1881 census shows that the Winn family, who employed three servants, occupied Coundon Hall and the building remained in residential occupation until 1947, when it adopted its current moniker, the Old Hall Hotel having been purchased by the Northampton Brewery Company. In March 1949 which referred to ‘Coundon Hall and an application for converting the existing out buildings into a Garden Bar was made in 1950.
In 1957 the Northhampton Brewery Company and P Phipps Brewery merged and a Phipps’ hotel tariff publication for 1963/4, which is believed to be the first reference made to its current moniker, the Old Hall hotel.
During the 1960s, the building was trading as a pub and restaurant until closure in 2008.